When you think about therapy, you probably think about meeting with a therapist once per week either virtually through video-camera or sitting in a therapist’s office – this is known as outpatient therapy, typically the most sought out type of therapy.
But what happens when one hour a week of outpatient therapy isn’t enough support? What if you or your loved ones continue to have challenges despite meeting weekly with a therapist, and the symptoms experienced increase in frequency and/or severity? This can feel overwhelming and exacerbate a sense of hopelessness. Many families navigating behavioral health treatment options for the first time believe there is no option in between weekly visits to a therapist, assessment by a doctor at the Emergency Room or admission to an inpatient facility.
Similarly, families often struggle to find one tier lower of care following release from an inpatient facility or hospital that provides more intensive care than meeting once a week with a therapist. Moving from the highly structured, everyday support and guidance of an inpatient program, to outpatient therapy once per week might feel like a drastic change and lacks a middle ground to provide the level of support you or loved ones require to ensure a successful transition.
Charlie Health’s IOP
- Charlie Health’s video-based IOP, for teens and young adults, provides a level of therapeutic care that exists as an intermediate step between outpatient therapy, hospitalization and inpatient treatment.
- Video-based access allows clients to heal in the comfort of their own home and maintain connections with family and local communities.
- For 9 hours per week, Charlie Health provides structured, personalized support from locally-based, expert clinicians.
- This high level of structured support includes group therapy, family therapy, individual therapy, and psychiatric care as needed.
- Areas of diagnoses include but are not limited to anxiety, depression, mood disorders, PTSD and substance use disorders.
How the Process Works
- An initial clinical assessment from one of Charlie Health’s experts will evaluate whether or not an IOP, or other level of care, is right for you.
- Once enrolled, you will receive an overview of the IOP structure that will include a schedule of group therapy, family therapy and individual therapy times.
- Charlie Health’s clinical team will carefully match you in a group of peers with similar needs.
- Clients have access to the clinical team who are available for support even outside of your group times to help address any challenges that may arise.
- A primary therapist will accompany you throughout your journey, ensuring you continue with the appropriate level of care, even once the IOP is completed.
Seeking intensive treatment options can be overwhelming, but Charlie Health is here to simplify the process and provide families with accessible support for teens and young adults. Whatever struggle you or your loved ones are facing is valid. No one needs to suffer alone. To learn more about virtual IOPs, simply call (406)-361-3146. Charlie Health’s team will gladly walk you through the process and answer any questions you may still have.