Our IOP program utilizes nine hours in supported groups per week. This is the evidence-based and insurance-recognized number of treatment hours for our Intensive Outpatient Program's level of care.
Nine hours of personalized groups per week allows you to form connections with peers, learn skills, and talk about hard things with an experienced and compassionate mental health professional. This level of care leads to improved mental health outcomes and decreased suicidal ideation and attempts.
A typical week of groups at Charlie Health is structured into three main components for a total of 9-11 hours of therapy each week:
1. Three 50-minute groups, three days per week, consisting of groups that focus on:
- Addressing your specific mental health issues
- Processing your thoughts and feelings with others, plus “horizontal cohesion” or peer support in a group setting
- Experiential practices, which include creative arts (i.e. music, drawing) and contemplative practices (i.e. yoga, spirituality)
2. One 50-minute individual therapy session
3. One 50-minute family therapy session